What should we look for in an ancestral event calendar?
- We want to be able to specify a subset of our TMG database. The focus is likely to be the person to whom we're giving the calendar, but who do we want included in the calendar? Ancestors only? Ancestors and their siblings? All spouses? All descendants? Deceased individuals only?
- What events do we want to include? Just births? Births and marriages? All vital records?
- Do we want to include ages, if the people were still living? Or do we want to include the year the event occurred? What about relationship to the focus person?
- What about pictures? Do we want one large picture per month? Or do we want to insert small photographs in empty spaces in each month? Or do we want both?
- What about the cover? Just a title? A photograph of the focus person? An ancestral box chart?
- How about formatting the calendar? Will we need lots of formatting options like font size and color?
- Of course, creating the calendar should be as easy as possible!